There are 2 most commonly known strategy for Blackjack, the first is the basic blackjack strategy of some calls it as strategy card just like the image below:
The second strategy, which is today's topics, the card counting. Often the first impression you will get from other will be, "you must be a mathematics genius of able to remember so many numbers of cards, especially when there are so many decks in it"
Actually it is incorrect, you doesn't need to remember all the card numbers. Here is how you should do it.
First, separate all the numbers into 3 different groups and put a value of +1, 0, -1 to it
- Cards 2-6 has a value of +1
- Cards 7-8 has a value of 0
- Cards 10-Ace has a value of -1
Of course, in most casino, they don't just play 1 deck for blackjacks, usually is around 4-8 decks. What you should do is just divide the card number you calculated with the number of decks, with that you will get what's called "true count"
But, do be alert that, there are 2 things you need to be cautious before using this strategy
- This strategy doesn't work on table with auto shuffling machine, where all played card is put back to the machine to be reshuffle.
- Although card counting it's not illegal or cheating, but most casino will politely ask you to stop playing if they found out that you are counting cards. So do be cautious
Happy Learning & Happy Winning!!